Create Sub Toopics

Create Sub Toopics

by Carlos Carrillo -
Number of replies: 5
I may be missing something here but how do we create sub topics under a topic in Moodle, I am familiar only with D2L and Canvas but now just learning Moodle. Apoligies if it is easy to figure it out, I just have not! 
Attachment Screenshot 2023-06-29 184342.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Carrillo

Re: Create Sub Toopics

by Huong Trinh -
Hi Carlos, 

I'm not aware of any conventional way of creating sub-sections. You may want to look into this plugin: Flexible sections format

An easier way would be to create labels within that section. 
In reply to Huong Trinh

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Carlos,

As Huong says, it's not currently possible to create subtopics unless you use an additional plugin. However, the feature is on our roadmap and is currently in development (MDL-76892).

In the meantime, perhaps you could try indenting items on the course page to indicate subtopics?

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Carlos Carrillo

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Carlos, since you are new to Moodle and coming from D2L or Canvas, explaining what you are trying to accomplish with sub-topics would be helpful.  All LMSs differ, and there might be another way to approach your desires with Moodle.  Also, mention what version of Moodle you are using.  There are some new features in the most recent versions of Moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)