Tutorial for students for a MoodleCloud course

Tutorial for students for a MoodleCloud course

by Dan McGuire -
Number of replies: 3
I need a tutorial to orient students to navigating a course on MoodleCloud. I can find tutorials for teachers, administrators, and developers, but not students. When I do a search on Google, I see lots of tutorials done by various institutions but they're not about using a course on MoodleCloud.

There's some things when one first accesses a course on MoodleCloud, but how is that found once you've already seen it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan McGuire

Re: Tutorial for students for a MoodleCloud course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Dan. I'll move your post to the MoodleCloud forum as it is specifically for MoodleCloud - although I think probably a generic tutorial - or perhaps you mean user tour ? on the latest version of Moodle, Boost theme, would work as I am not sure what is different about MoodleCloud when a student accesses it for the first time.
In reply to Dan McGuire

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Doesn't some of this depend on how the instructor administers the course? For example, I see that MoodleCloud supports four different "course formats," two different "course layouts," and two different ways to "hide" sections. This becomes 16 different arrangements if my math is correct. And then, there are different ways to group quizzes, assignments, and other resources.

So, I am saying that a tutorial might be hard to find.  You might want to consider making one for your specific Moodle site.

However, as an example, this is what I tell my students, via this Moodle Overview video, for my older Moodle 3.11. I need to revise this for my current Moodle 4.2.

I will attach the PowerPoints I used for my 3.11 Moodle Overview video to help you think about what you might need.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan McGuire

by Brett Dalton -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Dan

I think Rick's point is valid, one of the reasons we don't build a product tour for students is it is extremely context sensitive and very dependend on the educational design of the course. A common practice I've seen in Moodle and other LMS is to post a short video/text at the top of the course to orientate students to the course structure and expectation, this generally needs to be somewhat customised to the course content or structure. Larger institutions tend to try and standardise to some extent the course formats which can help in that regard
Average of ratings: Useful (1)