Mobile app no longer works after update to 4.2.1

Mobile app no longer works after update to 4.2.1

by Chris Free -
Number of replies: 10
Hello, 

I updated to Custom Certificate version 4.2.1 on my moodle site. My site is version Moodle 4.2 (Build: 20230424).

When I try to access a certificate on my site using the official moodle mobile app, I get an error: 

Error
Exception - Call to undefined function
mod_customcert\output\external_format_text()

Here is a screenshot of the error. I do not receive errors when using a web browser. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you have and appreciate any help you can provide. 
Screenshot showing error message on official moodle app
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Free

Re: Mobile app no longer works after update to 4.2.1

by Chris Free -
I created a fresh install of Moodle and installed the newest custom cert and tried to access it via the official moodle app and I received a new error message that says this plugin is not yet supported.
Attachment Screenshot_20230531-162757.png
In reply to Chris Free

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ok, so this looks like you are adding an external tool and not the custom certificate plugin.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Chris Free -
Hi, thanks for looking into this. These are Custom Certificates that are installed on my site. But, with the update, the mobile app shows them as external tools that don't work. The mobile app used to show them as Custom Certificates. Here's a screenshot of one of the Custom Certificates on my laptop browser that still works after the update, but shows an error on the mobile app. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about my system. 

Thanks again! 
Attachment Screenshot 2023-05-31 204132.png
In reply to Chris Free

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hmm, I released 4.2.1 cause the web services the mobile app were using were completely broken in 4.2 due to Moodle core changes. Ill check this when I get home.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Chris Free -
Hi, thanks for looking into this. I was wondering if you had any updates. I appreciate your help.
In reply to Chris Free

by Mark Nelson -
Doing it now. smile

Edit - assuming I get ngrok playing nicely.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Chris Free -
I appreciate your help with this. I have a secondary test environment and I uninstalled the 4.2.1 custom certificate and tried installing each version back to 3.9.1 and I receive the same error on every version.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Chris Free -
Hi Mark,
I see you posted an update last night. Thank you for continuing to work on this. I have tested the 4.2.2 version on the mobile app and I'm still receiving the same error. Is there something I need to do on my end? Or is this still a work in progress.
Thanks again!