What are some best practices for creating engaging online quizzes on Moodle

What are some best practices for creating engaging online quizzes on Moodle

by Samir Bhimbha -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some tips on how to create online quizzes that are fun and challenging for my students. I want to use Moodle’s features to make the quizzes interactive and feedback-rich. What are some best practices that you follow when creating online quizzes on Moodle? Please share your ideas and examples. Thank you!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Samir Bhimbha

Re: What are some best practices for creating engaging online quizzes on Moodle

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
First of all, write interesting, relevant questions!

Next, use the setting "How questions behave: Ineractive with multiple tries". For this to be effective, when you create your questions, you need to add a couple of hints to each.

Also, consider building your quiz with a few variants of each question, picked at random, so if students want more practice, there is some benefit in attempting the quizzes again. https://docs.moodle.org/402/en/Effective_quiz_practices#Robust_testing_with_random_variants
Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: What are some best practices for creating engaging online quizzes on Moodle

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
+1

Yes, this is not a "Moodle question" but addresses the subject knowledge and teaching skills of the teacher!

I think the OP was not serious, for some reason his account is suspended. Still, the question is an evergreen.
wink
Average of ratings: Useful (2)