Getting the same push notification multiple times

Getting the same push notification multiple times

by Sarath P -
Number of replies: 3
Hello everyone,

I have configured Airnotifier and Moodle for push notifications and it's working. However, for testing the push notifications I posted an announcement in a course. I received the push notification but I was getting the same notification continuously. I almost got the same notification 10 times. How can resolve this issue?

Moodle version: 4.0.2+
Moodle Mobile app version: 4.2.0

Thanks in Advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarath P

Re: Getting the same push notification multiple times

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

are you receiving the same notification multiple times also by email?

Please also check if you have multiple accounts or multiple devices linked to the same device, if you were doing development or testing that can be the reason (you are receiving the Push for all the users you used for testing)

Regards, Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Sarath P -
Hi,

I was testing the push notification functionality by creating a test course, enrolling two test users, and sending a forum notification. I was not getting the same notification multiple times by email. It was just on the app. And surprisingly now it stopped sending the same notification multiple times. I do not know what caused it in the first place. Just to make sure, now I tested it 3 times, and every time I am getting only a single notification.
In reply to Sarath P

by Azmat Ullah -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

I'm facing the same issue, same forum push notification received multiple time, it's not duplication on email/web only on mobile. I got 4 same push notification and the time delay was 4m, 9m, 11m then 13m.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)