STACK: Can not create new response trees

STACK: Can not create new response trees

by Florian Hanisch -
Number of replies: 1
Hi, 
I am running into a very strange problem. When trying to create a second prt inside of a new task, the following happens:

1. I enter some question variables etc, fill in prt1 and save - that's fine. 
2. I add feedback:prt2 inside the question text or the specific feedback. After saving again, the system seems to create the tree prt2 and asks me to fill in details - that's still fine.
2. After filling in Node 1 of prt2 in a minimal way (just answer test, SAns TAns), I try to save and get the following error message:

Exception - property_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given     

The example I was using is minimal:

Question variables:          /* some answers */

answer1: 1;
                                            answer2: 2;

Question text:                   Enter answer 1:

input:ans1 validation:ans1feedback:prt1

Enter answer 2:

input:ans2 validation:ans2feedback:prt2

Node 1 of prt1 reads:     Answer test:  AlgEquiv           SAns:  ans1           TAns:  answer1

Node 1 of prt2 reads:     Answer test:  AlgEquiv           SAns:  ans2           TAns:  answer2

I am able to save prt1 but when trying it with prt2, the weird error happens. Moreover, I was trying out diffrent things and found that I can actually create prt2 with exactly these settings but only if I write down everything before saving for the first time. So I am not able to decide later to have a second prt. I am pretty sure I was able to do this in the past.

Any ideas what is going wrong here ? I knwo that our system at Potsdam University was updated at some point, maybe it is related to that ?  

Thanks a lot, 

Florian
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Florian Hanisch

Re: STACK: Can not create new response trees

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Florian,
Please send me an email at Edinburgh and I'll look into this for you.
Chris Sangwin