Seeking Feedback from Teachers on Moodle Activities for Master's Thesis

Seeking Feedback from Teachers on Moodle Activities for Master's Thesis

by Marija Šantek -
Number of replies: 5

Dear fellow Moodle users smile,

I am currently pursuing my master's degree and working on my thesis which aims to develop a new plugin or solution to improve Moodle activities for teachers. As part of my research, I would like to gather feedback from teachers who use Moodle in their courses.

I believe that teachers are the best source of insights on what would make Moodle more effective and user-friendly. That's why I would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on what features or improvements you would like to see in Moodle.

For instance, do you struggle with organizing your course content, dates, and links? Would you find it useful to have a feature that enables you to easily reuse a course and set it up for a new semester? Are there any specific Moodle activities that you feel are missing or need improvement?

Your responses will be of great help in my research, and I hope that the insights gained will help develop a more user-friendly Moodle experience for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Also if this is not the best place for posting this topic, can you recommend where should I post this to have the best feedback?

Thank you once again!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marija Šantek

Re: Seeking Feedback from Teachers on Moodle Activities for Master's Thesis

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Marija smile As this is the Teaching with Moodle forum, it is indeed probably the best place for asking teachers about the improvements they'd like to see in Moodle. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions first though: are you aware of all the contributed plugins available for teachers, and do you yourself have experience teaching with Moodle? (For example, you can already as standard easily reuse a course and set it up for a new semester) Do you yourself have in mind any Moodle activitie that are in need of improvement? (I appreciate you might not want to share with others because you might not want to put ideas into people's head, but I'm just interested in your background with Moodle and the Moodle version(s) you are familiar with smile
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marija Šantek -
Currently, we are using version 4.0 of our system (we perform updates at the start of each academic year), and we have implemented features such as course reset and reuse. My mentor and I have been discussing additional features that could be useful. smile Specifically, some of the teachers said that it would be nice to have the ability to quickly check all the links used in their texts and resources, as well as the ability to easily edit dates on activities such as Quizzes and Assignments (all in one place). Additionally, it would be beneficial to have a location where they can edit all the headlines and descriptions in Sections for their course materials or maybe fast option for updating all reused Files. (These are only some that come to my mind currently). These features, in my opinion, would improve the efficiency and convenience of managing their courses, and I believe they would be useful to everyone. smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marija Šantek

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Marija Danek
Master's student
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
University of Zagreb
Undergraduate thesis (final year project):
"Accessible interactive content development in H5P format".
Mentor (supervisor):
Ivana Bosnić
Master thesis: "New plugin or solution to improve Moodle activities for teachers". Great topic! There are tons of subjects to choose from, right here in the forums.

Many people here could suggest topics to you, even maybe co-supervise your work, at least I would gladly do it.

By the way, you may be interested in the MoodleMoot DACH (https://moodlemootdach.org/) this coming June. Don't miss it.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Marija Šantek -
Thank you for your advice smile I will definitely take it into consideration and explore the forum for additional inspiration.

MoodleMoot DACH sounds great! But since I'm only a student, I can't afford traveling to Switzerland for 3 days, maybe next year smile