Questionnaire type versus content

Questionnaire type versus content

by Gisela Hillenbrand -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the settings "questionnaire type" and  "define new content" when creating a new questionnaire:
1. Which combinations of these settings are allowed?
2. If I choose "private" but use content from an existing public survey, which configuration settings apply: those from that public survey or those from my current questionnaire?

What I actually need is the following: I want to design a standard course evaluation survey, which is provided at some central place. This survey can be used in a course, the teachers of that course should be able to view the responses, selected "evaluation experts" should be able to see the responses to this survey from all courses. How do I have to set up the survey(s)?

Thanks in advance!

Gisela
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gisela Hillenbrand

Re: Questionnaire type versus content

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you use a 'public' questionnaire, then the new questionnaire will use the one you pick. All of the responses will go to that questionnaire. Any other questionnaires using that public questionnaire will likewise send their results to the main one.

To view results for that questionnaire, you must have teacher access to the main questionnaire.

Hope that helps.

mike