managing scheduler

managing scheduler

by Dol Metsch -
Number of replies: 2

I have different groups with 6 to 10 members in each. I am planning to prepare schedules for individual consultation for each member of the corresponding group. Each group is a separate group that has nothing to do with the other.

Since I regularly update session schedules for the groups (for members of each group) I must inform the concerned participants about the new possible appointment options (sending notification e-mail to the group in question). My preference is to use planer plugin for moodle.

The problem is, I don’t know how to send notification about the new schedule to the relevant group instead of sending to each participant (just like e-mail group). One of the reasons why I want to send to the group is to be sure that no one is mistakenly excluded (notify each member of the corresponding group about a new timetable for consultation).

Is there a way to do this with planer? If yes, how can I do it. Or is there another option?

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dol Metsch

Re: managing scheduler

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I'm thinking - you could simply use the Announcements forum set in the Separate groups mode, and use that for announcing changes? (or add an extra dedicated forum for this with forced subscriptions.)
Another option - use Group messaging - for each group concerned, in the group settings, enable messaging, and use that?
Both the above would use the Moodle core features.
The "planer" plugin ..? I can't see planer or planner in the Moodle plugins repository - https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=planner . Or did you mean this "scheduler" plugin..?
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

Re: managing scheduler

by Dol Metsch -

"did you mean this "scheduler" plugin..?" Yes, I mean scheduler.

Thank you