hide - list of participants in a course

hide - list of participants in a course

by Leo Hamminger -
Number of replies: 5

(this is about a course on Moodlecloud)

On logging in to a course participants have a menu bar with the options:

Course - Participants - Competencies - More

Ideally, only "Course" should show. But the most important thing is that the list of participants should not show.

I have gone through numerous help items, none work.

I very much appreciate your assistance, thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leo Hamminger

Re: hide - list of participants in a course

by Dan O'Reilly -

Leo,

I am currently running a course on MoodleCloud in Moodle 4; however, I had this issue arise in Moodle 3 and the following solution carried forward to the current version of Moodle 4.  Nevertheless, the following explanation applies to Moodle 3 and you may have to adapt it to the current version.

See the attachment for the feature you want to change.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan O'Reilly

by Leo Hamminger -

Dan,

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I seem to be running in circles. I am the one who registered the Moodle Cloud account - I assume that makes me the Administrator. I am not sure how to get to the Administrator view, other than logging in with my account.

I added myself to a course, with 'manager' as a role, as there is no administrator option. When I go to Particpants I don't see the Gear symbol (editing is on).

Obviously I am missing out on something... I very much appreciate your further ideas.

In reply to Leo Hamminger

by Gemma Lesterhuis -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Leo, 

As Dan said he wrote this for 3.x and you are working in 4.x there are some visual changes - as the gear option is not there anymore. There isnow a dropdown, as you can see below. Open the box and choose Premissions. 

For the rest the instructions are pretty much the same. 

Dan's instructions are only removing the participants list from the course you change this is in. 

This does not mean:

A) it works in other courses, if you don't want to do this per course, you can change the premissions as a site admin as well.

B) it only prevents access to this list, it does not prevent students from sending a message to each other (if enabled), going to a profile page etc. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

by Leo Hamminger -
Great, Gemma, it works like a charm - thank you so much!

Regarding your note B), students sending messages to each other, I figured out by good luck how to prevent that.

It appears the English options are easier to understand. I have been working with the German interface (I am from Austria) which I don't find intuitive at all.

But everything is well that ends well, thank you again!
In reply to Gemma Lesterhuis

by Larry Blode -
Thank you to the contributors.

Wow that was one hour of my time to find this information

Cheers