Database Errors on Mobile App

Database Errors on Mobile App

by SAGE Counseling -
Number of replies: 3

I have a course which has a topic requiring a multi-part entry response to be reviewed by the non-editing teacher prior to them continuing to the next step. The database module seems to be the best option for this particular section of the curriculum. I've come across a couple of issues when checking the course on the mobile app though.

• We would like to keep students' entries hidden from each other. I've managed to do this by setting the "Entries required before viewing" and the "maximum number of entries" at a quantity below that. Unfortunately, this causes an error notice to pop up after the student makes an entry telling them "You must add __ more entries." It's not preventing any action, but it may cause confusion for students. Is there any way of getting around this?
  • We have multiple groups completing the same course and it's been working well for us to use the "Groups" within the course. However, it the database app, I've noticed that the student has to select their group in the upper right before they are presented with the option to add an entry.
Any help is greatly appreciated. We're using: Moodle 4.1.2+ (Build: 20230314) | Version 2022112802.01 | Stable version
Average of ratings: -
In reply to SAGE Counseling

Re: Database Errors on Mobile App

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Note: I have not tried either of these, but I think they should work:

For problem one, you might try changing that message using language pack customization, so that it says something else without giving the clue that they can add more. e.g. "Thanks for your submission."

For problem two, you might be able to fix it the same way by adding to the, No entries yet, so that it reminds them to select their group first.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Database Errors on Mobile App [Solved]

by SAGE Counseling -

Thank you! This worked. We were able to customize the error message.

Much appreciated smile

In reply to AL Rachels

Trả lời: Re: Database Errors on Mobile App

by Avano Nội Thất -

i also got the same error, thanks for your answer it helped me through.