Installation of latest version of dfwiki (2006042001)

Installation of latest version of dfwiki (2006042001)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 3
I've downloaded New wiki : version 2006042001 woks with 1.5 and 1.6 beta and I notice that the structure of the folders is completely different from that in previous versions. That means that the installation instructions on your web won't work.  Can anybody tell me how one goes about installing this latest version? I'd like to install it with version 1.5.3 to check it out and do some testing.

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Installation of latest version of dfwiki (2006042001)

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Josep M.
I'm going to post a new juici release (voter for page, discussion, new diff) in a matter of hours/days (depends on my tigth schedule)... With the rigth directory structure. Anyway tha idea is

the "dfwiki" directory goest into the "mod" dir... then the lang dir goest just the same.. into lang.
I'm sorry
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Great! The new diff. I'm really happy about this. You probably don't know this wink, but this is something I had been looking forward to. OK, then I'll wait for the new release.

The problem I was having, though, was that the directory structure I obtained after unzipping the latest version you posted in your web looked pretty different from the previous one.

In dfwiki_1.0_rev2006030101 I see three folders: 'course', 'lang' and 'mod'. This is easy to figure out.

In wiki_2006042001, however, I see the folders: 'block', 'CVS', 'db', 'editor', 'format', 'html', 'images', 'upload', 'wiki', 'wikimigrate', and 'XML'. That makes it a bit more difficult to figure out what to do. You say "the dfwiki directory goest into the "mod" dir... then the lang dir goest just the same.. into lang." but, as I've said, that's not what I find when I unzip the file.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Taylor Judd -
I am running into the same issue. We're wanting to expermint and try the new dfwiki moduals to see how they would work in our program. I have a Moodle 1.6 and 1.5.3 system running on LAMP. I am unsure how/where to install the wiki_2006042001 installation.

Any advice?