BigBlueButton: Moderator/Presenter audio choppy during webinar

BigBlueButton: Moderator/Presenter audio choppy during webinar

by James O70 -
Number of replies: 1

I have a tutor who is experiencing issues when running webinars via BBB. Their audio dips in and out during sessions.

They have been using Edge (I have suggested using Chrome), their downstream is 51.39 and upstream is 7.62. 

The tutor has even tethered to the office ethernet cable, but is still having the same problem. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what the problems could be? They are able to use other systems such as Zoom without audio issues.

I will be advising to turn off their camera when presenting (as they will be using audio + presentation). Is there anything else that may help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James O70

Ri: BigBlueButton: Moderator/Presenter audio choppy during webinar

by Sergio Rabellino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

These are not Moodle problems, but BigBlueButton provider problems.

You should contact your BBB provider or if you simply "Don't known who is"  probably you've not configured anything else than the "free server" preconfigured in Moodle 4.x, but the preconfigured one it's only a test server with limitations.

If you plan to use BBB, you should subscribe a service (the fast and secure way) or install BBB by yourself on premise (the hard way).

...Zoom it's not a "no pay" choice, why BBB should ? WebConferencing systems consume power/network that has to be payed.