Moodle BI reporting

Moodle BI reporting

by Kit D -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

I am using Moodle Workplace and am trying to get some more detailed reports than the in-Moodle report builder can provider, which I can automate and have update regularly in a Business Intelligence software. Our Moodle provider company opened a MySQL server which sits in MySQL workbench but we were unable to connect to Power BI. We then tried a third party data warehouse company but have also been unable to connect the data source.

I am aware that Moodle does not have a native power bi connector and I shall keep trying to connect our MySQL database to Power BI, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for pulling data out of Moodle and into a Business Intelligence or data visualisation software? Preferably something that would update on a regular, automated basis.

Thanks all!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kit D

Re: Moodle BI reporting

by Anatoliy Kochnev -
Picture of Plugin developers
Kit, what are you goals to export that data into BI tool? Can we help you at IntelliBoard? Moodle Workplace works really well with IntelliBoard. Do not want to sell anything. But would love to learn how data is used.
In reply to Kit D

Re: Moodle BI reporting

by Divya Kumar A -
Hi Kit D,

We had the same challenges since Moodle doesn't provide the native connector to integrate. But we have connected the database to the PowerBI and are able to access all the tables for analysis purposes. It gets updated as the data comes to DB.

In our environment we use DB as a separate service in the AWS and we integrate the DB with powerbi using endpoint and credentials.