STACK: what would be the best way to create a question asking to solve simultaneous equations

STACK: what would be the best way to create a question asking to solve simultaneous equations

by Abigail Pied -
Number of replies: 1

I want to create a question that asks students to solve simultaneous equations and give all the intermediate steps.

It looks like I might want to use the equivalence reasoning input type, but I'm not quite sure how that works with say two unknowns.

I thought it looked promising when I was using "and" to have both equations as one line of the equivalence reasoning answer, but my teacher answers keep being evaluated as [false] and I can't find how to prevent that.

This is my first time trying to use the equivalence reasoning question, so my apologies if this is a simple solve which I haven't figured out yet.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abigail Pied

Re: STACK: what would be the best way to create a question asking to solve simultaneous equations

by Abigail Pied -
Ok, so I just found in the documentation that I shoud use "nounand" instead of "and" in my teacher answer, which solves one of my problems, but I'm still very interested in tips and pointers on how to do what I'm trying to do.