Guided Tour displaying everywhere

Guided Tour displaying everywhere

by Maresa Mühlemeier -
Number of replies: 0

Hello!

I'm trying to set up a Guided User Tour that displays for *everyone* on *any* page.

We're trying to push general information to all users and our users tend to get to moodle at very different entry  points. Some use the startpage, some use the dashboard, but unfortunately a lot of people also simply bookmark the URLs directly to their course(s). Since I need the info to be displayed to everyone regardless of their role, context or first page to see after login, this is a bit tricky. (the tour is not complex though, it's only one Tile with some text, that's it.)

I just tested entering nothing or just "%" for the tour's Apply to URL match value but it didn't work for inside courses.
My teststudent hoped around in a course between sections and activities, but the tour was never loaded for them.
Only when they returned to the course category tree or a course category, the dashboard or frontpage it was shown.

Does anyone have a tipp on how to configure the tour to force it being displayed everywhere?

Attachment Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 10-19-31 testmoodle02 Administration Appearance User tours - Kopie.png
Average of ratings: -