Name for first page cannot be changed?

Name for first page cannot be changed?

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 4
I'm using dfwiki and I notice that once the name for the 'first page' has been set it cannot be changed.

I was going very fast with the creation of a wiki and it was only after I had created some content that I realized that I had left the name of the first page as it comes by default: 'first page'. I tried to change it by going to 'update this wiki' but the name appears fixed and cannot be changed.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this for some reason?

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Name for first page cannot be changed?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Josep Mª!
actually is a functionality not implemented yet. I'll try to do it soon.
Regards
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Josep M. Fontana -
OK. I guess what I'll have to do is simply cut and paste the content of this wiki to a new one and remember to change the name of the first page. Easy enough.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by N Hansen -
For the time being couldn't you change it in the language pack, Josep? As long as you don't have more than one wiki a course.
In reply to N Hansen

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the suggestion. Making changes in the language pack, if I understand what you are saying, would change the default name for the first page, right?

My problem is not that I want to change the default name for the first page. The name 'first' looks good enough as a default name. The problem is that I have already created a wiki and I cannot change the name for the first page that was given by default. What you suggest (again, if I have understood you correctly) wouldn't really help because, while it would perhaps solve the problem for this particular wiki, it could create worse problems in the future if I forget again to change the default name for the first page. The name I want to give to the first page in this particular wiki I'm working on is too specific to be the default name for all future pages. You see what I mean? The logical solution is to allow users to change the name of the first page after some content has already been introduced in the wiki.

By the way, were you already in Barcelona? If so, how was the restaurant I recommended? I hope it was OK.

Josep M.