How to delete individual responses?

How to delete individual responses?

by tim st.clair -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

There is a list of responses, there is a delete all responses, but there appears to be no way to delete one response for one user; or delete the responses a group made whilst leaving the rest. Am I missing something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim st.clair

Re: How to delete individual responses?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1.- To delete one single user response you need to go to

Summary -> List of responses -> Individual responses

2.- For deleting a group's responses you have to select the group's name for filtering, then Delete all responses will delete al responses from currently displayed group.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by tim st.clair -
Picture of Plugin developers
Oh right! I honestly didn't see that there.

Related question: How do you delete/complete a response that has been abandoned? (e.g. never completed)?

Having button "perform action" functionality but appearing as a navigation tab "change the view" user experience is a pretty strange decision. I've seen it all through Moodle 4 and I don't think it's a good experience.

I thought the scorm report page wasn't a bad way to represent and manage attempts, particularly if you're trying to remove more than 1 attempt for a user so they can do it again/properly. Moodle already has a bunch of user and group filter screens that work fine for managing attempts, ordering, groups, filtering etc.

In reply to tim st.clair

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tim,

1.- You wrote: "Oh right! I honestly didn't see that there." A mere "Thank you for your help" would have been more in order.😉

2.- "Related question: How do you delete/complete a response that has been abandoned? (e.g. never completed)?"

Do you mean you (in teacher role) should be able to complete a student's un-completed response? That would be un-acceptable interference, IMHO.

3.- As regards Scorm I've never felt the need to use it on my Moodle sites, so I have no opinion of it.

4.- "Having button "perform action" functionality but appearing as a navigation tab "change the view" user experience is a pretty strange decision."

I see your point. Having spent many (too many?) hours maintaining and "improving" the Questionnaire plugin in the past I take full responsibility for that pretty strange decision. You are welcome to create a pull request to improve things on https://github.com/PoetOS/moodle-mod_questionnaire/pulls

5.- "Moodle already has a bunch of user and group filter screens that work fine for managing attempts, ordering, groups, filtering etc"

Agreed, again, if you can fix this and create a pull request, it might be considered by the current Questionnaire maintainer, Mike Churchward.

Thanks for your suggestions.