Dashboard and right drawer

Dashboard and right drawer

by Mónica Sánchez -
Number of replies: 1

Hi!

I know as admin I can set-up the default dashboard page as needed so I usually do it.

The thing in M4 is that the right drawer is hidden by default so there’s no guarantee that users saw ever what is in it.

What could be done? I think these two options:

1. Set the right drawer displayed by default (or add a “show/hide right drawer by default” setting).
  2. Make it a block (always visible), not a drawer.

If I were asked, I would vote for setting the right drawer displayed by default so users could see what is in it (useful blocks as Calendar, for instance), and then they could close it if they want.

What do you think?

Gracias y saludos.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mónica Sánchez

Dashboard: Calendar block and right drawer.

by Mónica Sánchez -

Hello again,

Let me give an example of why I think it would be useful to make the right drawer display by default.

One of the most visible changes at first login in M4 is the calendar at the center of the dashboard.

I really didn’t find anything different at first sight so I moved it to the right drawer among other changes.

Then I logged in with different users accounts (of student and teacher roles that I have for testing), and, about the Calendar, I found:

• In M4 users lose information about what kind of activity il s’agit when having the calendar at the center. That information (icons) is shown in M3.x.
  • By having the block Calendar at the right drawer, users can see all the activities of a day when hover the mouse over a date. It shows also the full name of the activities, their status and their icons so users can see what kind of activity they are.

I add tree images that show:

1. Dashboard with calendar at center in M4.
  2. Calendar page on M3.x.
  3. Calendar block at right drawer in M4.

¡Saludos!

Attachment 1. E3-M4-Calcendar-center.png
Attachment 2. E1-Calendar-center.png
Attachment 3. E1-M4-Calendar-rightdrawer.png