Automatic release of resources with a predefined maximum

Automatic release of resources with a predefined maximum

by Tom Hofkens -
Number of replies: 4
Hi everyone

My students are put in groups and have to work together to solve questions. Each (physical) lesson in class they get a playing card. I have a collection of videos with solutions to exercises that are hidden. When they cannot solve a particular question, they can give me a playing card to 'pay' for a video. Is there a way I can do this in Moodle? Now I just add the group to the resource using the 'restrict access' functionality, but I want this done automatically. There are much more videos available than playing cards, so in essence it comes down to this: say I have 5 videos and the students have 3 playing cards. How can they view only 3 of the 5 videos? Any ideas are appreciated!

Kind regards

Tom
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Hofkens

Re: Automatic release of resources with a predefined maximum

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Tom,

You could have a look at some of the gamification tools in Moodle, such as Stash and Stash availability. These may add the functionality you're looking for.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Tom Hofkens -
Ok, thanks! I will look into that.
In reply to Tom Hofkens

by Stefan Scholz -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Tom,

Another solution would be our credit plugin(s). With enrol_credit and availability_credit, you can require students to pay with a number of credits for courses or activities/resources.

Credits are stored in a user profile field.

Hope this helps!
Stefan
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stefan Scholz

by Tom Hofkens -

Super! Thanks! That seems to be exactly what I need!

Kind regards!

Tom