Custome Certificate validation via API

Custome Certificate validation via API

by Gareth Harris -
Number of replies: 9
I know there is a way for people to verify a certificate via a link but I am looking to be able to do this automatically via an API.

For example, when a person uploads a certificate to an awarding body, their system does a check to confirm the key details of name, course, date and certifcate number.

Thanks Gareth
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth Harris

Re: Custome Certificate validation via API

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This would require writing a web service for the plugin. See https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Web_service_API_functions.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Gareth Harris -
Thanks Mark, is this something you can help with or can you point me to someone who can?

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'd contact a Moodle partner, like Catalyst IT (I used to work for them!). It will definitely require some dev work and I no longer work for Moodle HQ or Catalyst and also no longer do any Moodle development. I was a Moodle developer for 12 years and it was time to move onto something else. ;)
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Thanks Mark.
Does this mean that you're no longer actively maintaining and/or developing the Custom Certificate (mod_customcert) plugin?
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Mark Nelson -
I maintain bugs and ensure it works as is but new features is a luxury. smile
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Thanks Mark.
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Murilo Afini -

Hi Luis, 

Did you manage to work this out? This would be something that woudl really help in the process of launching a company internal app. 

Regards

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Gareth Harris -
Hi Mark, we have finally found someone to do the API development. Is there any documentaion on where the certificate information, unique number etc is held in the database?
Thanks gareth

by Mark Nelson -
The unique code is held in the column 'code' in the 'customcert_issues' table. Good luck!