All BigBlueButton recordings have disappeared suddenly

All BigBlueButton recordings have disappeared suddenly

by pratik day -
Number of replies: 17
The recordings from previous BBB sessions are not available on our course page. All recordings have disappeared suddenly. Is there a way to restore those recordings ?? we are using MoodleCloud for BBB sessions. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to pratik day

Re: All BigBlueButton recordings have disappeared suddenly

by Frances Le Page -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hi Pratik,

Sorry to hear you have lost your BBB sessions. I will message you privately to find out more information about your site details to try to understand the issue further to help you out.

Thanks,
Frances
The MoodleCloud Team
In reply to Frances Le Page

by pratik day -
Hi Frances,

Thanks for your reply. I have answered all your question in private chat. Here I have attached one screenshot that you asked for.  

Thanks,
Pratik 
In reply to pratik day

by Frances Le Page -
Thanks, Pratik.

We will look into this issue as soon as possible and we will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,
Frances

by pratik day -
Hi Frances,

Would you please let me know if there is any update regarding the above issue? We are still unable to view the recorded sessions.

Thanks,
Pratik
In reply to pratik day

by Frances Le Page -
Hi Pratik,

Blindside Networks, who own BigBlueButton, are investigating this issue for us to understand what has happened to these recordings.

I will let you know when we have some further progress.

Thanks,
Frances

by pratik day -
Hi Frances,

Are there any updates on this issue? We are still unable to see previous recordings as well as we are unable to record sessions even though we have clicked on the recording button. Still, recordings have not appeared on our course page after the session has ended. We have already submitted a support request through the MoodleCloud customer portal; however, the issue has not been resolved.
Please look into this matter as soon as possible since we require those recordings for our training purposes immediately.

Thanks,
Pratik
In reply to pratik day

by Frances Le Page -
Hi Pratik,

We're still investigating this issue for you. We think that the recordings are still there but they are not displaying as they should be. 

Are you able to send a list of your recordings that have gone missing along with what courses and provide the activity where those recordings were done?

Can you please send this list via our support team so it's not on the public forum and they can assist you directly? You can do this by logging into your MoodleCloud Portal and clicking on the "Help" toggle. Learn more about how to contact support here.

Thanks,

Frances
The MoodleCloud Team

by pratik day -
Hi Frances,

Thanks for the update.

Are you want me to send all the BBB recording links from January 2021 ?? Because we lost all the recordings from January 2021 to till today.

We have already sent some BBB session links along with the names of the courses to the support team, but the problem is still not resolved.

Thanks,
Pratik
In reply to pratik day

by pratik day -
Hi Frances,

Any update regarding our issue?

Thanks,
Pratik
In reply to pratik day

by Barbara van Dongen -
Hi Pratik,

A reply was sent to you in December. I will re-open the support ticket and resend.
Thanks.

Barbara
MoodleCloud Support
In reply to pratik day

by Barbara van Dongen -

Hi Pratik,

It seems you may not be receiving the emails sent to your MoodleCloud's registered email address relating to this matter via the MoodleCloud Support desk.

The BBB hosting option which is included in your MoodleCloud subscription, allows for BBB recordings to be hosted for up to one year (Access BigBlueButton session recordings). Any recordings older than one year, are no longer hosted or available. The recordings are hosted by Blindside Networks who own the BBB plugin and provide the hosting solution.

Kind regards,

Barbara

MoodleCloud Support

In reply to Barbara van Dongen

by pratik day -
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for replying to my query. 

I understood that recordings older than one year are not available on our course page but in our case, most of the recordings that are less than one year old have disappeared suddenly. Can you please help us to restore those recordings?

And one thing we are unable to record sessions even though we have clicked on the recording button. Recordings have not appeared on our course page after the session has ended. Can you please check this issue as well?

Thanks,
Pratik Dey
In reply to pratik day

by Barbara van Dongen -
Hi Pratik,

Please respond to the support ticket email you had raised regarding this issue, or raise another support ticket through your MoodleCloud Portal Help widget and address it to me. I can then provide you with the site-specific information we already have on this matter and add your additional concerns. Understandably, site-specific information cannot be discussed on a public forum.

Kind regards,
Barbara

by pratik day -
Hi Barbara,

Just to let you know that I have responded to the support ticket email and mentioned our concerns as well. Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks,
Pratik
In reply to pratik day

by Barbara van Dongen -
Thank you, Pratik. I have responded via our Support Desk.

Kind regards,
Barbara

by Khulekani Clive -
Im also having the same problem did you find the solution?
In reply to Khulekani Clive

by pratik day -
Not yet. The moodleCloud support team is still working on it.