Changes to the Moodle HQ Product Leadership Team

Changes to the Moodle HQ Product Leadership Team

by Marie Achour -
Number of replies: 0

Hello to all our Community members, 

I write today with important information about changes to the Moodle Product Leadership team. 

With sadness, we will be saying goodbye to Barry van Oudtshoorn (Platform Manager) and Sander Bangma (Head of Educational Solutions) in early November. They have both found new opportunities that will take them to the next phase in their careers. 

Matt Porritt, who joined Moodle HQ last week, will be taking on the role of LMS Platform Manager, ensuring the LMS Platform team receive continued excellence in leadership as we approach the release of Moodle 4.1 in late November. Matt joins Moodle after 9 years in senior leadership positions with our premium partner Catalyst IT, bringing a wealth of experience to our Product function. 

Recruitment for the Head of Educational Solutions role is commencing this week and I encourage everyone within our community networks who may be interested or know someone suitable for the position to reach out to me. 

I'm sure you will all want to join me in wishing Barry and Sander the very best for the future and in welcoming Matt to the Product Leadership Team.

Marie