Way to upload file when SAFE MODE Restriction in effect

Way to upload file when SAFE MODE Restriction in effect

by Trizit Benjaboonyazit -
Number of replies: 0

The server admin where my web is being hosted has recently turned safe mode on for security reason. This made my moodle site unable to upload file.

When I try  to post picture inside forum, the error is
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 2027 is not allowed to access /data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/trizdata/1/moddata/forum/2/288 owned by uid 33 in /data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/elearning/lib/uploadlib.php on line 218

When I checked with file manager of VHCS2,the new directory 288 is created with permission 777, but the user:group id is of Apache (www-data:www-data ) instead of the usual  vichienb@trizthailand.com:trizthailand.com

Then, I delete and create new directory 288 by file manager of VHCS2, with this, the user:group id is of  the usual  vichienb@trizthailand.com:trizthailand.com , but permission is 755, I try to upload picture by attaching to theprevious reply again.  The error becomes
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/trizdata/1/moddata/forum/2/288/dotcom.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/elearning/lib/uploadlib.php on line 218
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phppuawwi' to '/data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/trizdata/1/moddata/forum/2/288/dotcom.jpg' in /data/www/virtual/trizthailand.com/htdocs/elearning/lib/uploadlib.php on line 218

Then I change the permission of 288 directory to 777 by ftp program, this time it works !   I can attach picture to the forum under SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. as you can see in http://www.trizthailand.com/elearning/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=46#288

My problem is that how to make my moodle site members able to post picture to the forum by themselve,  how can I modify the script in uploadlib.php or anywhere else ?

Please help.

Average of ratings: -