Content Bank repository / File picker - change default from "Link to file" to "Make a copy"

Content Bank repository / File picker - change default from "Link to file" to "Make a copy"

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Not sure if I should post here or on the General forum or Dev forum, or H5P.. Starting here.

The matter is: I'd like to enable teachers to use the Content Bank for adding and editing their H5P packages, but force them not to link to the repository files but to make copies of those. Hiding the "Link to file" button in an H5P activity's File picker does not help enough since the active radio button default remains "Link to file". I'd like to change that default state.

I'm prepared to adjust the local Moodle code, but my scripting skills so far have not allowed me to find the right part of the code.
I'm currently using Moodle 3.11.10+ (Build: 20220930) (2021051710.04).

Does anyone know how to achieve the required effect? Or point in the right direction?
(I don't mind changing the default for all repositories, since CSS allows me to hide the "Link to file" option exclusively in H5P's.)

Thanks for any help or pointers. Kind regards,

Przemek

Average of ratings: -