Moodle 4.0 Classic Theme filter courses

Moodle 4.0 Classic Theme filter courses

by A F -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to apply some kind of a filter to "my courses" on left side navigation menu in classic theme?

In old version I was using a plugin boost navigation which applies a filter (current courses, old, upcoming), but in default 4.0 classic theme it shows all the time all courses.

Is there a way to filter it?

Best regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A F

Re: Moodle 4.0 Classic Theme filter courses

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Screen shot would help please.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Odp: Re: Moodle 4.0 Boost Theme filter courses

by A F -

So, in the 'my courses' I can select the filter, All/In progress etc and that's cool, however

however, in the navigation panel, it is still displays All courses. Even if I select different option in 'my courses' menu

In reply to A F

Re: Odp: Re: Moodle 4.0 Boost Theme filter courses

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Ah, the two are different pieces of functionality and thus are not linked. So the course overview block is actually in theory optional and thus wouldn't make sense to have the navigation based upon the settings of a block. Now, if the UI changed so that there was a global per user setting, then that would be a different story. Of course, you could clone the navigation block and implement your own version or look into how it works with overriding and see if can't solve it that way. However, both are technically complex and not trivial.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Moodle 4.0 Boost Theme filter courses

by A F -

Okay I understand.

On moodle 3.X i was using a plugin that allowed me to filter courses in the navigation block. It wasn't connected with the course overview block. So I could had for example 'all' courses in 'my courses' on the main site, and 'in progress' in navigation block. That wasn't depended from each other.

That was a good functionality which I am missing right now smile