New Link Class for Links Under Adaptable?

New Link Class for Links Under Adaptable?

by Leslie Harris -
Number of replies: 2

We are using Adaptable 3.11.1.2 under Moodle 3.11.8.

During this week, I have received email from two faculty members, complaining that the link color in Adaptable is too similar to our text color, and so links aren't obvious enough to students.  Also, links don't appear with an underline when you hover over them.

I changed the hover color for links to help (somewhat) with that second problem.  Now, when you hover over a hyperlink, it's much clearer that it's not just text, since the color changes to something lighter.

However, students still need to know to hover over that particular textual link to find it, which gets me back to problem #1.   wink

I don't want to change the link color, because that governs *all* links on the site, and not just links created using the WYSIWYG text editor.

I added some custom CSS to create a new class for links.  That class changes the link color to a lighter blue and adds an underline.  What I can't figure out is how to have that class appear as one of the choices in the "Insert/edit link" dialog box.  I am attaching a screen capture to show where I mean.

Is there some file where I need to define the new class, so it shows up in the class drop-down for links created using the WYSIWYG editor?  Right now, I have added the class  as custom CSS, rather than changing one of the files for the theme.  I would prefer to have the class name appear in the drop-down.  I just don't know what file to modify.   smile

Leslie Harris
Bucknell University

Attachment Link_Class_Dropdown.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leslie Harris

Re: New Link Class for Links Under Adaptable?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So you only want to change the links within a course that the educators can use the editor to change the content?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: New Link Class for Links Under Adaptable?

by Leslie Harris -
Hi, Gareth.

I was hoping to change the way URLs appear when they are added within the WYSIWYG editor. The particular use case is when you want to create a description or add a label with a hyperlink, and you want it to be *very* clear that the text you entered is a hyperlink that you expect your students to click on.

When students are reading the text, if the font and color are *not* very different from the rest of the text before and after the link, then students don't always realize it is a link.

Leslie