Converting an app to plugin or SCORM?

Converting an app to plugin or SCORM?

by john longman -
Number of replies: 2

Please let me know if this does not belong here.

I have an app that I would like to use on my Moodle site. The app is fully functional on my desktop, laptop, and ipad. It will run on my Moodle site as a link. Using it as a link does not let me use ‘Restrict access’ and ‘Activity completion’ functions in my Moodle site.

The app is made using Next.js(library) and is written in Typescript (programming language) with the front-end using html and css.

There is one library called Saw that helps with typescript and SCORM conversions but my developer has not successfully been able to use it with Moodle.

To make the app SCORM conformant, I have been told by another developer the entire app needs to be able to run successfully in a web browser without reliance on server-side code or a database.

Will the app run as a plugin?

I have the source code for the app.

Do I find someone to program the app differently to be SCORM compliant or would I be better off to make the app a plugin?

Thanks for any help with this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john longman

Re: Converting an app to plugin or SCORM?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
LTI is what you want if your app supports it or can be modified to support it.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Converting an app to plugin or SCORM?

by john longman -
Thanks Howard, I will look into your solution.