What is report/view.php for?

What is report/view.php for?

od Howard Miller -
Število odgovorov: 3
Slika Core developers Slika Documentation writers Slika Particularly helpful Moodlers Slika Peer reviewers Slika Plugin developers

Moodle 3.11 - I've noticed something that seems very strange to me. On many (but, oddly, not all) course reports the breadcrumb trail looks like...

Dashboard > Courses > Miscellaneous > CourseName > Reports > Blah Report

If I click on the 'Reports' part of the trail, it takes me to /report/view.php?id=nn. (id of the course).  This seems to pull up an entirely random report. This mostly seems to be an issue with custom reports but I can't see anything weird about them. 

Does anybody know what's going on here and/or what the intent of report/view.php is?

EDIT:

It seems MDL-70753.  Although, I'm no better off. I can't see what problem this is fixing and why you would want a link that takes you to some seemingly random location. Or... is this a bug with non-core reports?

EDIT EDIT:

Found in report/upgrade.txt.  In 3.11 a function save_selected_report has been added. Then in 4.0 it has been deprecated because it's no longer used. Huh?

Povprečje ocenitev: -
V odgovor na Howard Miller

Re: What is report/view.php for?

od mark Mickera -
Php Reports simplifies managing and displaying database reports. You write reports in SQL, javascript, or PHP (depending on the data source) and organize them