What is report/view.php for?

What is report/view.php for?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle 3.11 - I've noticed something that seems very strange to me. On many (but, oddly, not all) course reports the breadcrumb trail looks like...

Dashboard > Courses > Miscellaneous > CourseName > Reports > Blah Report

If I click on the 'Reports' part of the trail, it takes me to /report/view.php?id=nn. (id of the course).  This seems to pull up an entirely random report. This mostly seems to be an issue with custom reports but I can't see anything weird about them. 

Does anybody know what's going on here and/or what the intent of report/view.php is?

EDIT:

It seems MDL-70753.  Although, I'm no better off. I can't see what problem this is fixing and why you would want a link that takes you to some seemingly random location. Or... is this a bug with non-core reports?

EDIT EDIT:

Found in report/upgrade.txt.  In 3.11 a function save_selected_report has been added. Then in 4.0 it has been deprecated because it's no longer used. Huh?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: What is report/view.php for?

by mark Mickera -
Php Reports simplifies managing and displaying database reports. You write reports in SQL, javascript, or PHP (depending on the data source) and organize them
In reply to mark Mickera

Re: What is report/view.php for?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm really not sure what that has to do with my question....