Filter Categories and Courses by Language

Filter Categories and Courses by Language

by Michael Edwards -
Number of replies: 0

Hello there!

I was wondering about the correct way to filter the front page Categories and Courses by choice of language? I have used the Multi Language V2 filter on the course categories as well as the courses themselves and it actually does filter them, however it also leaves visible spaces. I tested with a screen reader and it reads multiple "Links" if the category / course title is filtered out visibly. It seems as if the course category and course do not completely disappear.

This is what it looks like using an example of filtered out English courses:

In using the WAVE Accessibility Eval tool you can see the links still show up and "Link" is announced by screen readers when there shouldn't be anything there.

Moodle version is: 3.10.4+ (Build: 20210514)

The same thing happens if I subdivide categories (separate English and French). Spaces are left when the filter is applied and blank links are available to screen readers.
Just wondering if a setting is being missed, or if this is actually possible. I did see a few posts from 2020 that said you cannot entirely hide courses:
Moodle in English: Multilingual moodle and a tracker document that remains open MDL-53908

We're in a situation where we have unilingual courses duplicated in the other language which has to be kept for the time being.
If this is not possible and this is a repeat of those tracker documents I apologize. Any direction would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much. 

Average of ratings: -