BigBlueButton: Separate group all participants setting for Teacher

BigBlueButton: Separate group all participants setting for Teacher

by Sree M -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I have a course where i have set up two groups; viz Batch1 and Batch2, with different set of students. I have added a single teacher to both groups .

When i created the BBB activity i selected a restriction; Student must match the following group= Batch1. (See the first attachment)

After creating the activity, i logged in as the teacher. And clicked on the BBB activity to go inside where it asks you to join session. I noticed one setting for the teacher called separate groups. The default value for this setting is "All participants". (see second attachment)

Is there a way that this can be set to Batch1 as default? or any administration setting where i can remove the "all participants" option?

The reason i want to do this is If the teacher is not careful to select the correct batch they are redirected to a different meeting than the students.

I am using moodle 4.0 with BBB 2.4.4.

Thanks

Sreenath

Attachment first.png
Attachment second.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sree M

Re: BigBlueButton: Separate group all participants setting for Teacher

by Sree M -
Found the answer. You can add restrictions independent of the group setting. I changed it back to no groups and the setting option "all participants" went away. This solved my problem while meeting my requirement