Deadline and Attempts for Activities

Deadline and Attempts for Activities

by Anthony Yeong -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Forum Members,

Grateful if you could advise is there a way to set deadline for submission and maximum number of attempts for all the activities within the same course at one go instead of configurating one activity at a time.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Anthony

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anthony Yeong

Re: Deadline and Attempts for Activities

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
No, there is not that I k now of, if you have already created them. (You can bulk edit multiple activities completion settings in the Course completion > Bulk edit activity completion report, but not other settings.)

If you are adding new ones, then one way to do this is to create one with settings you want for all the others, then use the "Duplicate" menu for the activity to create as many copies as you need.
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Anthony Yeong -
Hi Randy,

Thanks for your advice. I found the bulk edit for completion settings via the Course completion.

It is rather annoying as there is no simple way to change the number of attempts for all the created activities especially if you have many activities in the course. I am trying to create a group or category to move all activities to it and override the settings but with no luck as there is no such option.
In reply to Anthony Yeong

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
I agree, there should be a way to do this.

There is a useful plugin that does let you bulk edit the dates in course activities: https://moodle.org/plugins/report_editdates. It is only officially supportedup to Moodle 3.10. But if you have a newer Moodle, it may work fine. But it does dates only.