Background Image overlay text

Background Image overlay text

by Dietmar Eglhofer -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, we upgraded to Moodle Moodle 4.0.1+ (Build: 20220519) and are using Custom Certificate 3.11.1, Theme Eguru as before.

So far it worked well, but with the upgrade we also changed the background image. Now the background image overlays all text of the certificate.

Here is what it looks like without the background image:

and here the background image we upload:

and now how it looks like after adding the background image:

Is there any chance to move the image to the back or bring the text forward?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dietmar Eglhofer

Re: Background Image overlay text

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try changing the order of the elements in the list when editing the certificate.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Dietmar Eglhofer -
Thank you - that made the trick.
In reply to Dietmar Eglhofer

by Orzu Ka -
Hi Dietmar,

I like the way your sentences on the cert look like, could you please give me what measurements you used for height, weight, size and font and how did you position them so well, did you use positions x and y? I am having problems with positioning them. Could it be the theme issue? We are with Boost, 4.1
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Shane Jeffery -

Hi.  I'm having the same issue here with the certificate not displaying the background correctly.

I've uploaded the image but when I reposition and preview it remains blank.

What is the correct order for the elements?  I'm assuming the BG should be last so that it is at the back.  Is that correct? 

Any ideas?  I really appreciate your help

showing certificate image loaded into custom certificate

elements list

reposition screen showing no background

certificate preview showing no background

In reply to Shane Jeffery

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So the background image is a little tricky. After you upload it, you actually have to get out of that interface and go back (to make the image selectable) and then you can select the image from the dropdown list to place it on the background of the certificate.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shane Jeffery

by Orzu Ka -
Hi,

I had the same issue, but then I changed the theme to classic from boost and placed background image as the 1st one on the list. It worked well.