"Limit" issues in Choice Activity

"Limit" issues in Choice Activity

by Sadiq Kariapper -
Number of replies: 4

The "Limit" feature is rendered useless, when:

"Always show results" and "Publish full results,...". is enabled in "Results".

Then, one is still able to choose the already "Full" option by clicking on the box in the "Responses" table. See attached picture.

Hope there is a solution for this issue as I would like to use "Limit" feature with "Always show results" and "Publish full results,..." enabled.

Attachment tick.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sadiq Kariapper

Re: "Limit" issues in Choice Activity

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello. First of all, you are looking at the teacher view and not the student view, and the teacher always has more permissions than the student. However, I tried to replicate what you are saying but I cannot. If there is a limit feature then, teacher or student role, I cannot make it exceed the limit. Perhaps you can give more detailed steps with the actual student role?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sadiq Kariapper -
I think that it happens with student view as well. A student is able to see the tick boxes when "Always show results" and "Publish full results,...". is enabled in "Results". I think that is how they were able to exceed the limit set by me to an option!
In reply to Sadiq Kariapper

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can you test this on our Sandbox https://sandbox.moodledemo.net/ please and send some screenshots? I still haven't been able to replicate it.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sadiq Kariapper -
I had some difficulty working in the "sandbox". Anyway, I know that my students were able to exceed the limit I set to an option - it could be a bug in the particular version of Moodle i am using, i believe it is 3.10