[Moodle 3.11.6+] PHP error when trying to import from "question bank"

Re: [Moodle 3.11.6+] PHP error when trying to import from "question bank"

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The question would be does it work with PHP7.4? That would indicate an outstanding PHP 8 issue.

I'm not sure what to say... you should be running Moodle with a supported version of PHP. If you're "experimenting" with an unsupported version then this sort of thing is probably to be expected. If it's repeatable and you can show the steps to reproduce it then it's worth making a tracker report and adding to the PHP 8 Epic.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Davor Budimir -
I updated to 4.0.2 and still have exactly the same issue. I'm using PHP 8. I'll do furher tests, because I believe it's the issue with one of the installed plugins
In reply to Davor Budimir

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, that was always going to be a problem. Even if core Moodle supports PHP 8, not all plugins will have been tested yet. 

It's probably a bit premature to be running PHP 8 in production (with Moodle)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)