Breadcrumb in Moodle 4

Breadcrumb in Moodle 4

by H D -
Number of replies: 8
Where breadcrumbs gone in Moodle 4? 

How can we activate Breadcrumbs ?

It's confusion to go back to home from course, activity etc.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to H D

Re: Breadcrumb in Moodle 4

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I agree. The breadcrumbs only kick in once you go into an activity. The course page is your home. I see why they did this and it makes sense. I think it is just a big change from previous versions of Moodle and what people were familiar with. Now, they top navbar is how you jump to the main areas outside of the course. I do like the new approach but it has taken some getting used to.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by H D -
It's totally confusing for end users through Mobile not to see HOME on ALL and ANY page.
Must have HOME link on each and every page, without going to drawers.
In reply to H D

by Eduardo Gusmão -

Same problem here, even i change 'nonavbar' to false on config.php that breadcrumbs doesnt shows up...

In reply to H D

by Julius Saputra -
We also got the same feedback from the admin in our moodle.

You can comment out these two lines on the theme/boost/classes/boostnavbar.php

then the breadcrumb will show the full path again on the course site.

Regards
Julius
Average of ratings: Useful (7)
In reply to Julius Saputra

by Paolo Oprandi -
Thanks for this, Julius - very helpful, removing line 77. works but why remove line 144? If I keep it the action is still there but not a link which kind of makes sense
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to H D

by Luca Bösch -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've opened another issue, https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-78138 because as of the state now, the behaviour is inconsistent.
From a certain nesting level of course categories, breadcrumb navigation re-appears in the course header again!
At least, if it is removed, let it be removed everywhere.

Note that in Boost Union theme, a theme which looks and behaves 100% like Boost out-of-the-box, but allows for several customization, there is a toggle "Display the category breadcrumbs in the course header" which allows for a complete re-introduction of the course category breadcrumbs ("Yes"), complete removal of the course category breadcrumbs ("No") (i.e. already fixes the mentioned bug) or to "Change nothing" (Default, leave it as is).

Best,
Luca
Average of ratings: Useful (2)