Moodlecloud sluggish performance

Moodlecloud sluggish performance

by OK Heng -
Number of replies: 2
I am the administrator/content creator for a math learning course using the Moodlecloud site.

I have noticed that as the number of users increases, as well as more learning resources and activities added, the performance of the Moodlecloud site deteriorates.

As an illustration, it often takes at least 30 seconds (or sometimes up to 1 minute) to respond to any action, even simple nagivation to another activity (e.g., a Quiz).

I have experimented with a brand new Moodlecloud site with few users and few contents, the response is almost instantaneous.

Is this sluggish performance something to be expected as we increasse the number of users or increase the contents? I have not used other LMS, so there is no basis for comparison.

Here's the current site status:

By the way, the above issue happen even with few users (less than 10) logged in to the site.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to OK Heng

Re: Moodlecloud sluggish performance

by Zuriñe Echaniz -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Dear OK Heng,

If this hasn't been resolved already - please submit a support ticket via your Portal in your MoodleCloud site:

If you want to access help via your MoodleCloud Site:
1. Log in to you MoodleCloud site
2. To open the help widget, first you navigate to your Portal: click the Orange Portal icon (on the right side bar of screen when logged in).
3. Then when you are in the Portal, click the Help Icon (on the bottom right hand side of the screen) in your MoodleCloud Portal.
4. This will bring up a search box where you can search for answers to all of our most commonly asked questions, and can raise a support ticket if required (indicating 'Not helpful' on any article).

Warm regards,
Zuriñe
In reply to Zuriñe Echaniz

Re: Moodlecloud sluggish performance

by OK Heng -
I have noticed the performance has greatly improved over the last two days. Hopefully it was caused by a off-once outrage (which I read somewhere).
Thanks for following up on the case, and thanks to the technical team for resolving the issue.