Moodle 4.0 QA testing latest and choosing a test

Moodle 4.0 QA testing latest and choosing a test

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks everyone for your help so far. We're off to a great start, with 379 tests passed (62%) in just over a week. smile

More testers are always welcome! If you'd like to try out Moodle 4.0 on our QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please see the QA testing guide for details of how you can get involved.

When choosing a test to run, you can check the list of open unassigned issues on the Moodle 4.0 QA testing dashboard or alternatively browse the full list in MDLQA-16122.

You'll notice certain tests have labels:

• test_server_required means you need your own test site to run the test, as it can't be tested on the QA testing site.
  • credentials_required means that credentials such as an OAuth 2 service client ID and secret are required for the test, which you'd need to obtain from Google or Microsoft etc. (as described in the documentation OAuth 2 services).

If you're just starting QA testing, it's good to avoid tests with these labels, as they're a bit more complicated. However if you have your own test site and / or credentials for use in testing, it's very helpful if you can choose these labelled tests, as they often get left until last!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 4.0 QA testing latest and choosing a test

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Helen,

I'm looking to do some tests on my own site, and I tried to upgrade my existing site which is running 3.11. It's updated to the latest point release, all plugins are up to date and the server environment supports 4.0. I've previously upgraded this site with Git. However, when I just ran git branch -a I didn't see MOODLE_400_STABLE in the list. Is there a way to upgrade via Git at the moment, or is 400_STABLE not yet in the Git repository?

Thanks,
Ravi
In reply to Ravi Murugesan

Re: Moodle 4.0 QA testing latest and choosing a test

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You are right that MOODLE_400_STABLE is NOT yet in the Git repository. If you want to go ahead and upgrade to what will be 4.0, you do it to the master branch.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 4.0 QA testing latest - 76% passed after 3 weeks

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks to everyone for helping run QA tests. After 3 weeks we're up to 465 tests (76%) passed! smile

We still have around 100 open 4.0 tests waiting to be run if you'd like to help out. More testers are always welcome! Please see the QA testing guide for details of what to do.

If you have your own testing server, please feel free to choose a test with the label test_server_required.