Calendar Issue

Calendar Issue

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 5

In the current issue of Moodle there seems to be an issue with the calendar block in that group and individual over rides do not get reflected in the calendar. My testing so far would seem to suggest that this has been fixed. Can anyone confirm that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Raper

Re: Calendar Issue

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I think the Calendar works OK for students.
There is major chaos with the teacher's Calendar - cf.
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-74014 ("Assignment and Calendar should more consistently and accurately display the Due dates for teachers of multiple groups when group overrides are applied")
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-74015 ("Quiz and Calendar should more accurately display the Closing dates for teachers of multiple groups when group overrides are applied")

Please vote up these issues.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Przemek Kaszubski -
PS. I think you've got a point there with Students' Calendars and Assignments.

At least insofar as the Group override is used in the assignment, then:

- The Assignment page itself shows the correct group override due date to the Student member of the group;
- The course page when this info is displayed directly there for students - also shows the correct override date for the student;
- Also the page linked from the Activities block for "Assignments" (/mod/assign/index.php?id={course_id} ) displays the pertinent group override to the student.

However:
the Calendar (and the Upcoming events block)
the Dashboard Timeline

show the Assignment's default date to the student, NOT the pertinent group override sad .
BUG.

Above tested in Moodle 3.11.5.

by Przemek Kaszubski -
PS2. Somehow cannot reproduce the problem now ... - just as I was working on a tracker issue.

by Przemek Kaszubski -
PS3. In Moodle 3.11.5 I noticed that:

1) If a teacher assigns a student to a different course group which has a different group override (Due date in assignments; Closing date in quizzes)
2) Then the Student's Dashboard Timeline will instantly pick up the change (if the activity has not been done yet, of course) and display the current due date / closing date overrides
BUT
3) The Calendar and the Upcoming events block will NOT pick up the change and actually show NOTHING.
The Student must LOG OUT and then LOG IN again for the Calendar and Upcoming events block to pick up the changes and display for him/her the new group overrides.

Above seems to affect both assignment and quiz group overrides.

I have also reproduced this bug on my local Moodle 4 , and will create a bug tracker for this problem.
Before I do so, I may yet want to test whether user overrides are affected in any way.

I believe it is this delayed behaviour of the Calendar that may have been responsible for my inconsistent test results reported in my previous posts.