Can't view all responses despite being an admin

Can't view all responses despite being an admin

by Vedant Nayar -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

As an admin, I'd expect to be able to see all responses for a questionnaire, but all I can see is my response and any non-respondents on the course. I have tried poking around in all the options, but can't see it anywhere. Here's my view:

And here's the expected view, taken from the moodle docs (link)

05-08-2013 16-15-58.jpg

Could someone help me figure out what permission I'm missing, or maybe I just overlooked something?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vedant Nayar

Re: Can't view all responses despite being an admin

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
A site admin has the capacity to view a Questionnaire All Responses in all courses on a Moodle site. If this does not work for you, then we need much more info to help you out.
Have you modified the Admin role capacities on your site?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Vedant Nayar -
Hi Joseph,

I'm not sure if we've modified the admin role capacities, but I went in to check and here's what I've found.
  1. I didn't have certain questionnaire related permissions, which I gave myself now but there's no change
  2. I can view the responses in another questionnaire just fine.
  3. I have these permissions active in both questionnaires 

Does this help at all? What could possibly be the reason?

Thanks!

In reply to Vedant Nayar

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi!
Does this mean that you can view All responses in some questionnaires but not in one particular questionnaire? Then this probably means there is a problem with that particular questionnaire, maybe due to some settings in it. In that case we can't help if we don't know about that particular questionnaire settings?

by Vedant Nayar -
That definitely seems to be the case. What settings should I be looking at? As far as I can tell everything looks exactly the same

by JUAN FELIPE GARCÍA CATALÁN -

I'm experiencing this, i've been looking around a little

I have a questionnaire based on a public survey that works perfectly. But I also have another questionnaire in another course based on the same public survey that has this problem (sid field in the database for the broken questionnaire points to the same mdl_questionnaire_survey record).

I have traced the issue to the is_survey_owner() method in the questionnaire class, which compares the course ids in both questionnaire and survey and has to return true to be able to see the report. That doesn't make much sense to me if we are supposed to use public surveys as templates for questionnaires in various courses different from the original one. 

Maybe I'm mistaken in some assumption, as I'm not really that familiar with the day to day usage of the module and might be confused about the relationship between questionnaires and surveys.