by Jobst Schmalenbach -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

Scenario:

• Another person created our Moodle site and added one course
  • That person added me and made me an admin of the site to look after it
  • I am the system administrator of the organisation
  • I have changed the name of the portal user to my name
  • I am trying to change the email address of the portal user to setup billing for the future (we are going to add at least 200 users)
Problem:

Whenever I enter the email (I am 100% sure the email address is correct) and press "Send Code" I never receive an email, even if I try to resend it. I have also checked with the original person who setup the site whether she received anything in her Inbox (and yes we have checked spam box).

I have even tried one of my aliases in case my email address is not accepted (support@)
The domain of MY email address is based on a Google workspace account.

Another question related to this:
Is the portal user another user or is there an association to a real user below users?
Does a password change of the portal user affect the other user who originally created the site?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jobst Schmalenbach

Re: Problem changing the email address of the person creating the moodle site

by Zuriñe Echaniz -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team
Hello Jobst,

If this hasn't been resolved already - please submit a support ticket via your Portal in your MoodleCloud site:

If you want to access help via your MoodleCloud Site:
1. Log in
2. To open the help widget, first you navigate to your Portal: click the Orange Portal icon (on the right side bar of screen when logged in).
3.. Then when you are in the Portal, click the Help Icon (on the bottom right hand side of the screen) in your MoodleCloud Portal.
4. This will bring up a search box where you can search for answers to all of our most commonly asked questions, and can raise a support ticket if required.
Warm regards,
Zuriñe
In reply to Zuriñe Echaniz

by Jobst Schmalenbach -
It is sort off solved, but it does not help me really.

I tried many times to change the portal user's email to my current working address (support@zoe...au) - it did NOT work, I never received an email.

Then I used my PRIVATE email address (the one I am using for this community forum) and it changed it immediately - but I really dont want to use that address.

The support@zoe....au address is based on a Google Workspace account used by our organisation, I am the admin - I rather use that email address as I want to receive all org email there...
In reply to Jobst Schmalenbach

by Kelly Howell -

Hi Jobst,

Please login to your site. Click to go to your Portal and submit a Ticket (orange button bottom right).

MoodleCloud Support will be able to assist you with this.

Warm regards,

Kelly