Grades not saved

Grades not saved

von Hirad F -
Anzahl Antworten: 11

Hi everyone.

We have some SCORM packages and the settings of a sample activity is as follows: 

1. The point is, we have some cases in which students finish an activity but their mark is not saved and either "0" or "-" is saved for them in their gradebook. They need to do it more than one or we need to manually grade them to fix the problem. How can we solve this problem?

2. With the settings above, we have some other situations in which people get 5 marks after completing it, but it is reset to 0 (rarely happened but happened) once they open that activity for purposes such as revision and so on...

Any help would highly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PS: We upload courses using "bulk upload feature" due to the number of courses we have which is so high.

Als Antwort auf Hirad F

Re: Grades not saved

von Serko Srabonian -

I'm having the EXACT same issue. 

I've noticed that Moodle logs the first attempt and all its interactions, but once that attempt is ended/interrupted (either by user navigating away from site, user losing connection to site/web, user closing activity OR fully completes the activity) that attempt, and the progress made are "locked" into the gradebook.

I.E. - One SCORM activity is simply a 50 question quiz, created in Captivate. 

• On my first attempt, I answered the first 25 questions then clicked Moodle's "Exit Activity" and closed my browser. 
  • After logging back in, I checked the Grader Report and saw the 1 attempt and the 48% score. 
  • I then navigated back to the quiz and completed it. 
  • I received the expected "congratulations, you passed" notification provided by the SCORM (so we know something captured the results from questions 26-50) but the Grader Report still shows 1 attempt and the 48% score. 

@Hirad F, what tool did you use to create the SCORM packages? I use Captivate 2019. 

Als Antwort auf Serko Srabonian

von Melanie Scott -
@Hirad What did you use to build the SCORM module? Is reporting turned on in the package?

@Serko Do you have preview mode set to no? Change it to yes and see if it changes the way it behaves. (this is in Appearance settings--show more)
Als Antwort auf Melanie Scott

von Serko Srabonian -
Hi @Melanie!
No, I have preview mode set to "disabled" because I can't let students have access prior to the actual attempt.
Als Antwort auf Hirad F

von Frank Madison -
Having same issue with grades not showing up. It seems like if i am able to get the grade to be displayed; once the student logs back in to view it, the grade disappears or resets back to blank
Als Antwort auf Frank Madison

von Serko Srabonian -
HI Frank,
Under your SCORM Activity Settings, do you, by chance have "Force New Attempt" set to something other than "No"?
Als Antwort auf Serko Srabonian

von Frank Madison -
Hi, this is setup as the default, "No"

von Melanie Scott -
What version of Moodle is running?

Just had a thought. If the module you are running has an action that resets scores internally when the module opens (to prevent them returning to see, and maybe share, results or something, not something I'd do but I've seen people do this) and the user reopens the module, it could reset the reported score in moodle.

@Serko preview mode is a yes/no. Disabled is the next option down (display course structure). They are different.

@Frank is it the grade book that displays that or the reports? If they start a new attempt (on purpose or not), it will have a blank score on the new attempt...but the old one should still be there.

von Frank Madison -
its shows as - in the grade book; the grade shows up if the student clicks on the actual quiz, but seems to disappear when the student check their own grade

von Melanie Scott -
On a different thread, you mentioned you are using some sort of enrollment sync with AD and this problem is occurring with more than just SCORM activities. Verify your AD enrollment sync is actually working properly.

If a student is unenrolled, all completions goes away. To keep it on re-enrolling, you have to manually check a restore grades. If you don't, they're gone for good. It is starting to sound like that might be what happens. But I cannot tell you why...

von Frank Madison -
Yes, it seems to be more an issue with the LDAP/cron job than with scorm. Maybe an issue with trying to sync up, but not sure. It does work correctly, as we are able to enrol/unerol based on the AD groups. It almost seems to have to reload the student back into the course, each time they login; any maybe that causes an issue with grades being displayed? For now, I just had to set each student with manual enrolment and grades have not disappeared since.