How to use a simple statistical command in the STACK

How to use a simple statistical command in the STACK

by Robert Bohdal -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I wrote a simple script to calculate the average, but STACK doesn't calculate mean(). Don't know where the problem is? I don't need a workaround because I need to use other commands from the descriptive package as well.

l: makelist(rand(10), i, 10);
ta: float(mean(l));

Many thanks for help.

Attachment Screenshot.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Bohdal

Re: How to use a simple statistical command in the STACK

by Oleg Melnikov -
Hi Robert. Good question. I just tried it and it seems to work without problems. In PRT, I set NumRelative as the Answer Test and test option 0.01. I'm attaching the question in Moodle's XML format, if it helps. You can import the XML question into some temp category in Question Bank and compare it to your question design. These XML files are plain text and is somewhat readable too.  Let me know, if I missed something. 

In reply to Oleg Melnikov

by Robert Bohdal -
Thank you very much for the answer Oleg. Now I know it works at least somewhere, but the problem was on our Moodle server. We have a Linux-optimized platform type connection to Maxima (compiled with the SBCL). I need to add the "stats, distrib, descriptive, simplex" packages to the "Load optional Maxima libraries" option under Home-> Site Administration-> Plugins STACK settings.

Screenshot
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert Bohdal

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, not all version of Maxima ship with these packages which would cause an error if we just included them by default. Sorry, I'm doing my best!