Issue a certificate to a teacher

Issue a certificate to a teacher

by Cédric Mallet -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

We have a training with a certificate, and the team manager has both non-editing teacher and student profiles. He needs to attend the training as well as everyone else. When doing so he uses the "switch profile" feature to student mode.

I'm not sure how the certificate is supposed to work for teachers. They have the "receivecertificate" permissions, but we have lots of trouble with teachers not receiving certificates.

Should they receive it in the normal workflow? We have a few courses where a certificate was generated to teachers (mostly they are not) but they don't show up in the certificate list. This is quite confusing..

Is it a better option to create a separate student user account for the team manager as a student ?

Any experience feedback welcome smile

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cédric Mallet

Re: Issue a certificate to a teacher

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hm, having a look at the code recently I can see when emailing certificates to people we do not send them to people who have the capability 'mod/customcert:manage', this may be the issue. I am sure there is code elsewhere that does a check on this cap.