Moodle-Nuvola Iconset for Moodle 1.6

Moodle-Nuvola Iconset for Moodle 1.6

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 11
Picture of Core developers

Hi Jean-Marc Loisil,

with Moodle 1.6 we have some new features. These have no alternative icons yet - are you going to update your great icon set? I hope you will find the time to update the set for Moodle 1.6 in the near future.

Urs

Some missing icons in the screenshot below.

Attachment icons_missing.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Moodle-Nuvola Iconset for Moodle 1.6

by Urs Hunkler -

Hi Jean-Marc,

are you still maintaining the icon set?

I found some module icons missing in Moodle 1.6, below a part of the modules list.

Urs

Attachment module_icons_missing.PNG
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Jean-Marc Loisil -
I can stil add icons but the Moodle I am using is not yet 1.6.
If anyone can email me the new icons and in which directory they are, I can update the set and put in in moodlezengarden.
In reply to Jean-Marc Loisil

by Urs Hunkler -

Jean-Mark, your Nuvola icon set extended with some new ones for Moodle 1.6 is part of Chameleon. You can take those icons from the 1.6 distro. In addition to Geof's four icons "mod/data", "mod/exercise" and "mod/lams" are new.

I wish you good luck with moodlezengarden
Urs

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Geof Duncan -
Hi...Jean-Marc Loisl, I've been unable to get into http://www.moodlezengarden.com for about a week now. Having recently changed hosts, myself I know this can be a frustrating experience. big grin

Anyway, I've also noticed the lack of certain icons in Moodle 1.6 from Nuvola and being a bit impatient, went about "fixing" them.

I've used the Nuvola theme from  http://www.icon-king.com/files/nuvola-1.0.tar.gz and added three "missing" icons from this set. As well as the gcalc icon from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Gcalctool.svg. The SVG was reduced to a 16x16 PNG using Inkscape. Each of these files were converted from PNG to GIF using Macromedia Fireworks 8.

The following four icons are the ones I've noticed are missing, so, I've used:
calc.gif ( calc.gif)
questions.gif ( questions.gif)
return.gif ( return.gif)
stats.gif ( stats.gif)

That's all I've found... just figured I'd throw this out to the community for anyone else who might need and/or want them.

Happy Moodlin' everyone!
-Geof
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Geof Duncan -
Urs and Jean-Marc,

I discovered that my "old" version of the Nuvola icon pack for Moodle was missing a few icons that Urs had put into Chameleon. So, just to see what else I might be missing I used Windiff.exe to see what else might be missing...

I compared moodle/mod/ and moodle/pix/ to the Chameleon pix folder and found about 30 gifs missing... surprise

So, I played around with the Nuvola icons from http://www.icon-king.com/files/nuvola-1.0.tar.gz and http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-themes-extras/0.9/gnome-themes-extras-0.9.0.tar.gz (The second set consists of SVG source files) I've come up with what I think is a complete icon set for Moodle 1.6.

Some of these icons are just copies of the default Moodle icons, some are Nuvola. I didn't spend a lot of time doing this, I just wanted to quickly make sure that I had everything.

The attached zip is the results of my efforts. Anyone who can come up with replacement Nuvola icons is more than welcome to add anything. My motive was just to get all of the necessary icons together.

Happy Moodlin' everyone!

-Geof
In reply to Geof Duncan

by Jean-Marc Loisil -
Thanka Geof for the set,

I will very soon reactivate the Moodlezengarden site and will include your update if you are ok with it.

Sincerely.

Jean-Marc
In reply to Jean-Marc Loisil

by Geof Duncan -
Fire at will, Jean-Marc big grin

Feel free to use them as you see fit....

-Geof
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Mike Strong -
Very cool alternative icons.  I just dropped them in, and love them.

Thanks.
In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Steve Iman -
Does anyone know if the iconset for 1.6 would work with the same directions for installation in 1.7? Any tips would be much appreciated.
In reply to Steve Iman

by Steve Iman -
Hey -- the answer to my question is yes! I followed instructions for installing icons in 1.6 to my 1.7 install and there seemed to be no problem with one exception. There was one administrative function (assign role, I think) which showed a crashed graphic. In this case what I did was to go to the default Chameleon (sp?) theme and to the 'pix' folder of that theme to find the role.gif (I think that was the name) and placed it in the corresponding location of a new 'pix' directory in my selected theme (which was formal white). Worked like a charm.