Mnet SP doesn't offer manual logins

Mnet SP doesn't offer manual logins

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
This is the week, where i was thrown in to uncharted waters. ;)

I am supposed to look in a performance issue in a Mnet duo. My initial problem is that the Mnet "client" (service provider) does not offer a manual login. Its login page has only a single button which takes the user to the Mnet "server" (identity provider).

How do I login as the local "admin"? I have system (Linux CLI) access.

The $CFG->auth='manual'; trick as in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=417653#p1682910 takes the Mnet login button away, but no button for manual log ins appear.

Both Moodle instances are 3.10. (I know, Mnet is long deprecated. The Mnet duo is not my working. I am looking at a performance issue.)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

Re: Mnet SP doesn't offer manual logins

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

They may have altered the original login form.

Got command line access to that server?

Check moodlecode/login/index.php

If that has been altered ... hide the file mv index.php .index.php

If you know version of moodle (check version.php file in code root), you could download that versions zip file, unzip locally, then copy /login/index.php into servers login directory and then try again.

Or they may have created an altlogin.php page that admins of site would use to login with manual accounts.   Have no idea of what they might have named it ... would imagine it's in moodlecode/login/ however. smile

Good luck!

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Follow up ... in code/admin/cli/ issue:

php cfg.php |grep alternateloginurl

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Hi Ken

Nice to see you!
;)

> They may have altered the original login form.

Yes, I consider that a possibility. And believe it or not, the code is not a Git repo!
sad

> Check moodlecode/login/index.php

To judge from file timestamps, nothing changed in the ./login/ directory. I fetched the latest Moodle 3.10 and ran a diff - nothing.

> If you know version of moodle (check version.php file in code root), you could download that versions zip file, unzip locally, then copy /login/index.php into servers login directory and then try again.

See above. I would hate to go the zip path. As mentioned took a diff of the original file from and the latest 3.10 /login/index.php - no difference.

> Or they may have created an altlogin.php page that admins of site would use to login with manual accounts. Have no idea of what they might have named it ... would imagine it's in moodlecode/login/ however.

Found no sign. Still to be sure, contacted the admins. Have to wait for the response.

> in code/admin/cli/ issue:
> php cfg.php |grep alternateloginurl

# php cfg.php | grep alternateloginurl
alternateloginurl

Here are some selected lines from `php cfg.php1` which could be of interest (too long otherwise):
auth
enrol_plugins_enabled manual,guest,self,cohort,database
backup_version 2020110900
backup_release 3.10
mnet_dispatcher_mode strict
mnet_localhost_id 1
mnet_all_hosts_id 2
authloginviaemail 0
allowaccountssameemail 0
authpreventaccountcreation 0
loginpageautofocus 0
guestloginbutton 1
limitconcurrentlogins 0
alternateloginurl
forgottenpasswordurl
auth_instructions
allowemailaddresses
denyemailaddresses
verifychangedemail 1

Re: Mnet SP doesn't offer manual logins [SOLVED]

SOLVED. The admin informed me that they've hidden the button with CSS, uploaded to the theme on the web GUI.

Thanks for the heads up! Learned other things in the process. And got the assurance  that they haven't changed any code.