Grouping

Grouping

by GEOFREY EZEKIEL -
Number of replies: 3
I added users, assign the users role and enrolled the users to a course. I later group them in teams. What i really want to achieve is that the supervisor or manager from Group 1 should not be able to view enrolled users from group 2  even if they are enrolled in the same course but different group. I need your help... 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to GEOFREY EZEKIEL

Re: Grouping

by Séverin Terrier -
Hi,

So, for not being able to view all users of the course, the "supervisor" should have the "non editing teacher" role (or you should remove the "view all groups" permission for the role he has).

HTH,
Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by GEOFREY EZEKIEL -

Thank you for your help. But i tried assigning the role of non editing teacher and when i login i can still see all users group different groups enrolled on a particular course.  What i really want is to have like 10 users. Group1 have 6 student with 1 teacher  and group 2 to have 2 student with 1 teacher. But the teachers should be restricted to view only participant only in there group.

In reply to GEOFREY EZEKIEL

by Séverin Terrier -
Hi,

By rereading carrefully, i better understand what you mean, being (not) able to view enrolled students in the course if they're not in the same group(s) as the non editing teacher.

It's not done exactly that way actually.

But if, as a non editing teacher, you go to an activity where setting specifies "separate groups", you wont see other (peoples) groups in this activity.

If you (as teacher/admin) open course setting, and define the whole course with "separate groups", and force it (for the whole course), the non-editing teacher will then only see people for his groups in the participants list smile

HTH,
Séverin