Allow a user to create new users accounts

Allow a user to create new users accounts

by Paulina Grzegorek -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

Moodle 2.9 here. Can I asign a special permission to a user in Moodle, so that she is able to add new users to Moodle? Or confirm a newly created account? I don't want to give admin rights to her, just the ability to mess with users accounts.

How can I do that? 🤷‍♀️

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paulina Grzegorek

Re: Allow a user to create new users accounts

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Would the Manager role work for you? It is not a complete admin and you can remove permissions from it if you want.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paulina Grzegorek

Re: Allow a user to create new users accounts

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
You will need to create a new system level role to do this. It will need at least the "Create users" (moodle/user:create) capability set to Allow, and those using this role will need to be able to view the Site admin menus to get to the options to add users. This is controlled by the capability "View the site administration tree (but not all the pages in it)" moodle/site:configview.

Take a look at the Manager role permissions settings for more information and in case you need to add more abilities to the role.

As I am sure you know, Moodle 2.9 is very out of date and not secure to use anymore. You should definitely upgrade.