Color of the login button

Color of the login button

by Lionel Monchecourt -
Number of replies: 9

Hi all,

I'm customizing the colors of the adaptable theme.

I assume I'm missing something  as I was able to change the different colors of almost everyhing, except this 1st main page , as :
1- can not find where to change the "login button" color ( here in red )
2 - can not find how to change the magnify glass color to another color

Here is a screenshot :

Thanks for your insights !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lionel Monchecourt

Re: Color of the login button

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Lionel Monchecourt -
sorry, when I copy /pasted, seems that I delete the info as you can see 3 lines empty
so
moodle : 3.11.3
Adaptable theme : 311_2021081002
Thanks !

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks, I'll look into it.  Also, would be really helpful to have a JSON export of your settings - please remove any private / confidential info before posting.

by Lionel Monchecourt -

Here we go attached for the settings.

For the "Magnify glass button", an option would be to remove it from front page when no user is logged in .

I found this post : https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=369140 but maybe there is a new method ? ( btw, I assume that" notloggedin" is a css class ? )

Thanks

by Gareth J Barnard -
The login button background colour is set by the setting 'buttonlogincolor' on the 'Buttons' tab.
The colour of the search box magnifying glass is set by the setting 'fonttitlecolorcourse'. Yes, I know, confusing when should be 'headertextcolor2'.
The search box has the class of 'navbarsearchsocial' so as the post you found mentions 'notloggedin' then '.notloggedin .navbarsearchsocial { display: none; }' should work.

From your JSON settings you have a few that have both the text and background set to the same colour, making the text invisible.

by Lionel Monchecourt -
Hi Gareth ,
1 - Thanks , works for button and magnify glass
2 - indeed for the colors, I was trying to hide some things
3 - as I'm not a great coder, I guess, I'm not doing properly what is required for the search bow. I edited the file theme/adaptable/scss/settings/search.scss, where I added a line .notloggedin .navbarsearchsocial { display: none; } but there is no changes. is it the localtion I shoudl add it ?
thanks

by Gareth J Barnard -
3. Use the 'Custom CSS' option in the theme settings in the UI.

by Lionel Monchecourt -
Just tried, but seems there is no changes ( please note as well that I have updated to the latest version - ref in the screnshot )

and still :

Thanks